- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the KGRTC entity with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, the Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre organising the conference you are attending, or training program you are taking part in. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;
- ‘The site’ means the KGRTC website you are visiting or engaging with; and ‘You’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, applying for our training programs or services or visiting our site.
2. How you can contact us?
Address: P.O. Box 32774, Lusaka ZA 10101, Zambia or P.O. Box 35, Namalundu, Zambia
3. Information we may collect about you.
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our training programs or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information relevant to the program or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please refer to paragraph 6 below.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
4. How we use information about you?
- We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
5. Who we might share your data with?
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Any other KGRTC entity or selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
7. How we look after your data and how long we keep it for?
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
8. Where we store your information?
Our servers are situated inside our premises and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers. We have maximum security and limited access to the servers with documented security clearance procedures.
9. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data.
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Director.
- Contact the Information Technology Officer to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Information Technology Officer to request that we delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the Zambia, the relevant authority is the Zambia Information and Communications Authority (ZICTA), you can find their details on their website